Monday, August 18, 2008

Chocolatechic Cookies

This past Saturday Mark and I were in Ohio for a get away to celebrate our 12th Wedding anniversary. We stayed at one of our favorite Bed and Breakfasts, Donna’s of Berlin. They are located in Holmes Co., Ohio, in the heart of Amish country. The kidlets stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Van Hoose.

We also got to visit one of my favorite bloggers,
Chocolatechic. We had a wonderful time visiting and of course got to try some of her homemade goodies. I’m highly recommending that you check out her blog and get the recipe for these uberyummy cookies.




Our taste testers were up to the challenge.



And the verdict is...


YUM!


Hali thought so too!

6 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I am so glad that you all liked them.

Helena said...

Aww! Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

Two things.

1. I can't believe you got to meet Chocolatechic. I bet she is even sweeter in person than on the phone.

I need to know, was she wearing pink?

2. I can't believe you live in Nashville. We live about 2 hours east of you on the Cumberland Plateau.

Ok, three things.

I am really enjoying your blog.

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

Fourhisglory,
Yes, she is so very wonderful in person, and just as funny as she is on her blog. And yes she was wearing pink. It was such a fun visit. I loved getting to talk all things Tolkien with the boy. And we got some really good advice on homeschooling in the later years. And about encouraging sons who want to be chefs.

We are just new to Tennesse and we really love it here. Thanks for checking out our blog. :)

Dean B. said...

I'm so glad that you liked the cookies I made...I did too! :)

golonghorns said...

Those cookies look incredible! What fun getting to meet another blogger. I think I've seen her post on pioneer woman ... maybe? I definately know I have seen that blogger name I remember anything that has chocolate in it!