Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Brother Can You Lend Me a Book?



We have always been a library going family, so of course one of our first family trips was to check out our new local library. Let me just say that it was love at first sight. When we pulled into the parking lot we saw that there was a playground right behind the library. How cool is that?

When I met the Head Children’s Librarian and told her that we are Home Educators, (Here in Tennessee it’s “Home Education”, not “Home School”. Don’t we sound smarter already?) She just beamed and said “Then we’re your school library.” I immediately fell in love. She is such a wonderful lady. She had all the kids sign up for the summer reading program. Even with moving and running back and forth to Ohio we managed by the skin of our teeth to finish by last Saturday.

I haven’t told the kids yet, but this October their Pediatrician’s office is moving next door to the library. Talk about location, location, location! Oh and did I mention that two of my favorite grocery stores are just down the street?

4 comments:

Helena said...

Ooh, that is a beautiful library!

golonghorns said...

Wow, I'm secretly envious. Not that my offspring would sit still long enough to let me visit a place like this. Also jealous that your Dr. office will be right next door. We still haven't located a doctor...so much for socialized medicine. Hah!

Pat VH said...

Great home away from home! I'm sure they will enjoy their time there!

Mom

Kathey said...

What a great library. That will lead to lots of adventures!